by the order No. 510 of the Director of LA at 16.10.2001
(The amendment by the Order No. D1-414 of the Director of LA)
LA policy for accreditation for the flexible scope
CABs (testing or calibration laboratories and products certification bodies) can be accredited for the flexible scope.
1. LA has defined following degrees of flexibility of accreditation scope:
1.1 For laboratories:
· application of the updated versions of the documents defining the tests/ calibration methods or the documents superseding them;
· adoption of the tests/ calibration methods to the customer needs (application of the method for other objects that are not indicated in the scope of accreditation).
Notes: 1. In the certain fields test method covers also preparation of sample.
2. Application of the flexible scope does not cover implementation of the new measurement principles.
1.2 For product certification bodies:
· application of the updated versions of the documents defining the technical requirements or of the documents superseding them;
· supplement of the groups of the products by the products typical to the group, requirements for which are defined by the documents that are not indicated in the accreditation scope.
2. CABs can apply for accreditation for the flexible scope not earlier than after the second surveillance visit.